River Kids News & Event Calendar
Welcome to River Kids News and Events page for River Kids and parents. We hope you will visit often to keep up with the latest news with River Kids!
See photos from Harvest Family Fun Day!
River Kids Bible ChallengeThe purpose of this challenge is to promote the memorization of
Scripture and the importance of God’s word in all of our lives,
then reward those who work diligently to do so.
How to receive tickets:
1. Bible from home brought to class= 1 ticket
2. Scripture memory = 1 ticket for each verse memorized.
3. Memorizing the books of the Bible= Old Testament- 5 tickets, New Testaments- 5 tickets
4. Daily Scripture reading= 2 tickets.
5. Other memorization work will be added in the future.
· Each child will have a challenge sheet to record accomplishments;
it will be kept in the River Kids Bible Challenge Notebook.
· Tickets will be rewarded on Sundays and Wednesdays.
· The child’s name should be written on the back of the ticket before it is placed in the SERVICE ticket box.
· As a child quotes a Scripture, the reference should be written
down and initialed on the child’s Bible Challenge sheet.
The child should bring his/her Bible when quoting the verses so the teacher can verify it in the
translation it was learned.
· The child may say verses already learned in class or Love Club;
however, verses may only be said once for tickets.
· FIVE(5) tickets will be drawn each service from the SERVICE ticket box.
This reward will be a small treasure box type reward. (one reward per child per service)
· All SERVICE tickets will then be placed in the BIBLE CHALLENGE ticket box where they will accumulate until the MONTHLY drawing(s) for a larger reward ($5-10 range) to be done on the last service day of the month.
· Daily Bible reading & Devotional: The parents will have to verify this challenge. The children should write down what they read every day and the parents can sign it. This should be done on Sundays only.
click here for printable version of bible challenge guidelines
Harvest Family Fun Day 2012
Pictures from our Harvest Family Fun Day in Beaumont, MS.
November 3, 2012